Art II Project
This was a fun project I did with my students involving comic strips. For this assignment we studied Chuck Jones, the inventor of the Looney Tunes, and we spent a lot of time drawing and developing cartoon characters. The end result was one comic strip from each student. We even had a little competition to see whose comic strip would be put into the school newspaper.
- Large drawing paper
- Ink Pen
- Colored Pencils
- The first step is to develop characters and layout in sketches, as well as, an actual joke.
- Once the students have settled on a layout then they have to measure out the boxes for their comic strip with their rulers. The size of our comic strips was pretty large.
- The first frame in the strip needs to be some sort of title.
- Everything is penciled in first.
- Then go over everything with a quality ink pen
- Lastly, I let my student choose whether or not they wanted color. If they choose color then we used colored pencils to fill in the rest.